Thursday, March 22, 2018

Hello crafty peeps, I cannot believe it has been more then 5 years since I updated my poor neglected blog. I sort of moved to Facebook and started sharing my projects there instead of keeping this going however I like to start sharing on here again and just see how it goes.

So a lot has happened lately in my household and even though our lives have been pretty easy going so far with just the usual ups and downs unfortunately our world came crashing down at the start of October with a very close family member getting a diagnosis which was unexpected and extremely stressful for us all. This was followed with 7 weeks of very intense treatment which finished just before Christmas and we are all still trying to recover from it. Next week is D-Day as a pet scan will be done to see where it is all at. Naturally we are all very nervous and can only hope for a positive outcome, so fingers crossed. 

In the mean time of course life goes on and we try to carry on as normal as possible for all our sake but especially our girls. I have to say Scrapbooking of course was put on the back burner for a while but I picked it up again a few months ago which even surprised me and it has helped a lot with my mental state. It has been nice to have something to take my mind of things for just a little while. So most of you know that I am a pretty 'clean' scrapper who loves fussy cutting beautiful images and mainly just use paper. However I have realised that there is a lot more to scrapbooking then that and I have admired a lot of other people's work especially the ones that use mixed media, there is such an abundant amount of talented people out there, so I decided to teach myself a few different techniques by watching loads of Youtube video's. So I have really enjoyed getting my teeth stuck into something new but at the same time I like to stay true to my own style so at the moment I am still trying to find my way.

So without further ado I will share a few of my latest layouts as well as some close ups.

This layout was a very special and also sad as any Australian will know about 'Dolly' the girl who took her own life after relentless bullying. So all the ladies in this Facebook art group I joined decided to 'do it for Dolly' and everyone created beautiful art journal pages which have all been bound up into a book and has been send to the family. This is my contribution even though I do not art journal. Anyone interested in joining this group of lovely ladies and to see more of the other art work, here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1724295737880764/






Will be back tomorrow with another share, bye for now, hugs me xo

No comments: